Accountant and Human Resource Job Duties:
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Prepare monthly claims on docket for Board meetings
- Monitoring the budget
- Preparing Quarterly Sales Tax Returns
- Processing year-end 1099’s
- Maintaining employee files
- Processing weekly and bi-weekly payroll
- Filing the monthly and quarterly payroll tax forms (State Withholding, State Unemployment & Federal 941’s)
- Processing the monthly PERS report
- Processing year end W-2’s
With both capacities summary knowledge of current bookkeeping practices and state and federal employment laws will be required. Other duties may be assigned by the Board and Mayor.
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax 601-878-5535