Description: Accountant and Human Resource
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Prepare monthly claims on docket for Board meetings
- Monitoring the budget
- Preparing Quarterly Sales Tax Returns
- Processing year-end 1099’s
- Maintaining employee files
- Processing weekly and bi-weekly payroll
- Filing the monthly and quarterly payroll tax forms (State Withholding, State Unemployment & Federal 941’s)
- Processing the monthly PERS report
- Processing year-end W-2’s
With both capacities, summary knowledge of current bookkeeping practices and state and federal employment laws will be required. Other duties may be assigned by the Board and Mayor.
Email resume to: email@example.com or Fax 60l-878-5535
Alexis K. Reed
Town Clerk/ Municipal Court Clerk
Description: Public Works Department
To fulfill the mission, goals, and objectives of Town of Terry Public Works Department, employees must have the ability to perform a variety of duties that are essential to the positions they fill. An individual performing the duties of a general maintenance in the streets division must have the requisite skills and personal attributes to perform essential clerical and communications tasks consistent with the requirements of this job description.
- Be a United States citizen
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age;
- Never have been convicted of a felony, or a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude;
- Be free of misdemeanor convictions for the last twelve (12) months;
- Have no previous or current charges of driving while Intoxicated or driving under the Influence of drugs or alcohol;
- Possess a valid Mississippi Driver’s License and a good driving record.
- Be subject to a background investigation;
- Demonstrate reading and comprehension skills in the English language to at least the 12th Grade level through interviews and written demonstration of proficiency;
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity by successfully completing pre-employment drug testing;
- Be subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting, and kneeling to perform the essential functions; as well as a normal range of hearing; visual acuity and manual dexterity and to operate a personal computer and other standard office equipment. May infrequently drive a City vehicle. Occasional attendance at evening meetings may be required.
For full description, CLICK HERE
Description: Public Works Supervisor
- Give reports on department’s budget and performance
- Plan, assign, and manage all work for staff of Public Works Department
- Operate and maintain heavy equipment
- Manage hazardous waste services
- Administer contracted construction, services and maintenance of streets, storm drains, lagoons, gutters, and street lights
- Manage maintenance of Town facilities
- Manage maintenance including building structures, roofs, and heating
- Manage janitorial services for Town/contracted janitorial vendor accounts
- Manage maintenance of Town parks
- Administer landscaping services for grounds within Town
- Administer contracted services for debris and limb removal
- Provide 24/7 on-call emergency services
- Maintain/Build positive and constructive relationships with co-workers and community
- Assist wherever necessary